About Leesa Klich, Health Writer
Hi, I’m Leesa!
I’m a health writer and content strategist for busy wellness professionals.
I translate the science of health and wellness into understandable and fun articles for your readers.
The funny thing is, that while health writing is my zone of genius (and I freaking love it!), I kind of fell into it.
As a science-based holistic nutritionist, I was recognized for my health writing skills and was asked to author and ghostwrite by a few fellow nutritionists. It took me a few months to realize that this is EXACTLY how I love to work, and who I love to work with.
I thrive on diving into PubMed and “getting my head around” health topics, and then beautifully translating that scientific jargon into…well…English!
I have an MSc in Biomedical Toxicology (from the department of Human Biology and Nutritional Science) and am also a Registered Holistic Nutritionist having completed studies in Natural Nutrition.
I had worked in R&D in the food industry, as well as Pharmacovigilance (collecting, documenting, reviewing, and reporting adverse events) in the prescription drug, over-the-counter, medical device, and natural health product industries for 12 years before starting my own nutrition consultation, and now, health writing business.
I continue to improve my writing. For example, I’m currently (Feb-Mar 2017) taking the Simple Health & Science Writing course offered by the Health Writer Hub.
I invite you to read more about my unique health philosophy (and why I don’t fit in) right here.
Here are a few random facts about me:
- I’m married and have two amazing daughters.
- While growing up and spending most of my life near Toronto (central Canada), I have lived in both Western and Eastern Canada.
- I’m a lifelong knitter. I also design and create hand made all-natural hats for UrbanOrchard.ca (and I was the model for the 2012/13 season collection).
- I love baking and my slow-cooker (I guess I’m a “set it and forget it” kinda gal).
- My favourite book of all time is Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin. I read the whole thing one weekend and still go back to it (not to mention I was one of the first people to buy the 2008 update – so now I have two copies).
- My favourite health writer of all time, who I KNOW I will meet one day, is Julia Belluz.
- One of my passions is improving public health, which is why I went into pharmacovigilance, and nutrition, and am now a science-based health writer. I think that educating people about the facts is one step toward having them understand and implement better health choices. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting my MPH degree one day too.
- After graduating university and working full-time, I often took part-time courses in Management and Law.
- I’m a lifelong-learner and online challenge junkie.
- Before going to the University of Guelph, I completed my diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology. I then realized I didn’t want to go to university to become an engineer, so changed my focus to Biomedical Toxicology (and married an engineer). Oh, and I graduated with my Master of Science in Biomedical Toxicology too.
- I have a lot of respect for the scientific process, and truly believe it’s the best method we have to objectively understand our world and ourselves; but I have even more respect for those who are transparent about some of the issues it faces so the scientific community can learn from its mistakes and improve.
- I’m anaphylactically allergic to Brazil nuts, so I can identify with people who have food allergies.
- Some of my favourite movies are:
What people are saying about me
“Leesa provided a lot of great nutritional advice. She was thorough, a great listener, and genuinely cares”
~ Michelle A
“Since working with Leesa I feel like I have more energy and don’t get that midday slump like I used to. Leesa was very knowledgeable and non-judgmental. She really seemed to care about what was best for me. The bottom line is that she just wanted me to obtain optimal health.”
~ Karen V
Want high-quality, well-researched, more frequent health content to increase your visibility, credibility, and revenue?
You are in the right place!
Book a “content call” with Leesa
Want to briefly discuss how I can save you hours every week with credible and reliable health content?
Help me understand your health content needs by completing this form.
I’ll get back to you within 2 business days about booking a free 15 minute health content call to see how I can help you.