Hi, I’m Leesa!
I ramp up the online content & credibility of wellness practitioners to build their businesses and improve public health on an epic scale.
The funny thing is, that while health writing is my zone of genius (and I freaking love it!), I kind of fell into it.
As a science-based holistic nutritionist, I was recognized for my health writing skills and was asked to author and ghostwrite by a few fellow nutritionists. It took me a few months to realize that this is EXACTLY how I love to work, and who I love to work with.
I thrive on diving into PubMed and “getting my head around” health topics, and then beautifully translating that scientific jargon into…well…English! I have an MSc in Biomedical Toxicology (from the department of Human Biology and Nutritional Science) and am also a Registered Holistic Nutritionist having completed studies in Natural Nutrition.
I’ve worked in R&D in the food industry, as well as Pharmacovigilance (collecting, documenting, reviewing, and reporting adverse events) in the prescription drug, over-the-counter, medical device, and natural health product industries for 12 years before starting my own nutrition consultation, and now, health writing and content strategy business.
I continue to improve my writing. For example, I’m taking taking the Simple Health & Science Writing course offered by the Health Writer Hub. And I’ve been a member of Serious Bloggers Only since March 2017. I also purchased the ProWritingAid software in April 2017.
I invite you to read more about my unique health philosophy (and why I don’t fit in) right here.
Leesa Klich is on a mission to help wellness practitioners get the right information to pass on to their clients and audience.
Frustrated with the misuse and misinterpretation of health research, Leesa is combining her Master of Science degree and 12 years in the health products industry with her holistic nutrition training and passion for focusing on what’s right, not who’s right. She wants to help wellness practitioners become credible experts and get the best information out to their clients and audience.
While working in the health products industry Leesa always felt like a hippie in the corporate world. She choose to study holistic nutrition and during that time realized she felt stuck in the middle. People on both sides (medical science and holistic health) often seemed to be more interested in where the message came from (who’s right), instead of looking at the actual information (what’s right).
Now Leesa is on a mission to fix the BS on the internet and get the right information in people’s hands. Is this a claim we actually know isn’t true, or is it really substantiated? And what aspects of holistic health have real research backing their claims?
For over 2 years Leesa has been serving over 1,800+ online wellness practitioners helping them to understand and create quality content based on the latest scientific research. Leesa also creates customized and done for you blog posts, and helps strategize content for wellness practitioners to grow their businesses.
Here are a few random facts about me:
- I’m married and have two amazing daughters.
- While growing up and spending most of my life near Toronto (central Canada), I have lived in both Western and Eastern Canada.
- I’m a lifelong knitter. I also design and create hand made all-natural hats for UrbanOrchard.ca (and I was the model for the 2012/13 season collection).
- I love baking and my slow-cooker (I guess I’m a “set it and forget it” kinda gal).
- My favourite book of all time is Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin. I read the whole thing one weekend and still go back to it (not to mention I was one of the first people to buy the 2008 update – so now I have two copies).
- My favourite health writer of all time, who I KNOW I will meet one day, is Julia Belluz.
- One of my passions is improving public health, which is why I went into pharmacovigilance, and nutrition, and am now a science-based health writer. I think that educating people about the facts is one step toward having them understand and implement better health choices. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting my MPH degree one day too.
- After graduating university and working full-time, I often took part-time courses in Management and Law.
- I’m a lifelong-learner and online challenge junkie.
- Before going to the University of Guelph, I completed my diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology. I then realized I didn’t want to go to university to become an engineer, so changed my focus to Biomedical Toxicology (and married an engineer). Oh, and I graduated with my Master of Science in Biomedical Toxicology too.
- I have a lot of respect for the scientific process, and truly believe it’s the best method we have to objectively understand our world and ourselves; but I have even more respect for those who are transparent about some of the issues it faces so the scientific community can learn from its mistakes and improve.
- I’m anaphylactically allergic to Brazil nuts, so I can identify with people who have food allergies.
- Some of my favourite movies are:
What people are saying about me
“Leesa provided a lot of great nutritional advice. She was thorough, a great listener, and genuinely cares”
~ Michelle A
“Since working with Leesa I feel like I have more energy and don’t get that midday slump like I used to. Leesa was very knowledgeable and non-judgmental. She really seemed to care about what was best for me. The bottom line is that she just wanted me to obtain optimal health.”
~ Karen V
Want high-quality, well-researched, more frequent health content to increase your visibility, credibility, and revenue?
You are in the right place!
Leesa Klich, is a health writer and content strategist for busy wellness professionals; specializing in custom and pre-written content. She translates the science of health and wellness into understandable and fun articles.
You can download a free supplement resource for your clients “Before you buy another supplement – read this!” It contains 8 expert tips, with a focus on Canadian law. You can edit it and brand it as you like.
Can I help you with your health & wellness content?
Need an awesome piece of scientifically-referenced content for your health and wellness website? You can check out some samples in my portfolio here, instantly download (and upload to your website) some pre-written “done for you” posts here, or if you’re ready for professionally written content customized for your business, click here.
Book a “content call” with Leesa
Want to briefly discuss how I can save you hours every week with credible and reliable health content? Help me get to know you a bit by completing this form. I’ll get back to you within 2 business days about booking a free 15-minute health content call to see how I can help you.