Hi, I’m Leesa!
Health Writer – Blogging Expert – Research Nerd.
Trustworthy and marketable health content
Your health content needs to reflect your high standards and provide evidence-based valuable information for ideal clients and patients.
I help credible health professionals build their online authority with strategically-planned and easy-to-read research-based health articles. They want to stand out in the crowded, often unqualified, market of entrepreneurs and get found in search engines. I help them build a reputable brand, establish trust with their audiences, and save them a ton of time so they don’t have to do the research or writing themselves.
The funny thing is, that while health writing is my zone of genius (and I freaking love it!), I kind of fell into it.
As a nutritionist, I was recognized for my health writing skills and was asked to author and ghostwrite by a few colleagues. It took me a few months to realize that this is EXACTLY how I love to work, and who I love to work with.
I thrive on diving into PubMed and “getting my head around” health topics, and then beautifully translating that scientific jargon into . . . well . . . English! I have an MSc in Biomedical Toxicology and Nutritional Science and also completed studies in Natural Nutrition.
I’ve worked in R&D in the food industry, as well as Pharmacovigilance (collecting, documenting, reviewing, and reporting adverse events) in the prescription drug, over-the-counter, medical device, and natural health product industries for 12 years before starting my own nutrition consultation, and now, health writing and content strategy business.
After writing for a few years, something dawned on me: I could write the most amazing health article, but what value is it to my clients if nobody ever finds or reads it? That’s when I dove into the world of SEO (search engine optimization) to help the content I create get found when people are literally looking for it.
Since I started health writing, I’ve also been interviewed and featured on several websites and online summits.
I’m also a lifelong learner and continue to improve my writing, content marketing, and SEO skills. For example, I’ve taken several courses offered by the Health Writer Hub, Serious Bloggers Only, Yoast, Digital Marketer, and ClickMinded, to name a few.
Want to see some samples of my non-ghostwritten articles? Head over to my health writing portfolio page.
Leesa Klich is on a mission to help credible research-based health professionals publish, share, and get found with amazing content to build their practices and improve public health on an epic scale.
Frustrated with the misuse and misinterpretation of health research, Leesa is combining her Master of Science degree and 12 years in the health products industry and passion for learning more and more about the science of health.
While working in the health products industry Leesa always felt like a hippie in the corporate world. She chose to study natural nutrition and during that time realized there was a different approach, but still just one way of objectively knowing the truth. People sometimes focus on their individual observations or experiences—which is great when you’re anaphylactic like her—but, it’s tricky to apply what works for a few to hundreds or thousands of people.
Now Leesa is on a mission to fix the BS on the internet and get the right information in people’s hands. Is this a claim we actually know isn’t true or is it really substantiated?
For over four years Leesa has been serving 5,000 online health professionals helping them to understand and create quality content based on the best scientific research. Leesa also creates customized and done-for-you blog posts, and helps optimize health blogs and strategize content to grow credible practices.
Here are a few random facts about me:
- While growing up and spending most of my life near Toronto (central Canada), I have lived in both Western and Eastern Canada.
- I’m a lifelong knitter. I also design and create hand made all-natural hats for UrbanOrchard.ca (and I was the model for the 2012/13 season collection).
- I love baking and my slow-cooker (I guess I’m a “set it and forget it” kinda cook).
- My favourite book of all time is Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin. I read the whole thing one weekend and still go back to it (not to mention I was one of the first people to buy the 2008 update – so now I have two copies).
- My favourite health writer of all time, who I KNOW I will meet one day, is Julia Belluz.
- One of my passions is improving public health, which is why I went into pharmacovigilance, and nutrition, and am now a science-based health writer and content strategist. I think that educating people about the facts is one step toward having them understand and implement better health choices. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting my MPH degree one day too.
- After graduating from university and working full-time, I often took part-time courses in Management and Law.
- I’m a lifelong learner and online challenge junkie.
- Before going to the University of Guelph, I completed my diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology. I then realized I didn’t want to go to university to become an engineer, so changed my focus to Biomedical Toxicology (and married an engineer). Oh, and I graduated with my Master of Science in Biomedical Toxicology from the department of Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences too.
- I have a lot of respect for the scientific process, and truly believe it’s the best method we have to objectively understand our world and ourselves, but I have even more respect for those who are transparent about some of the issues it faces so the scientific community can learn from its mistakes and improve.
- I’m anaphylactically allergic to Brazil nuts, so I can identify with people who have food allergies.
- Some of my favourite movies are:
What people are saying about me
“Leesa provided a lot of great nutritional advice. She was thorough, a great listener, and genuinely cares”
~ Michelle A
“Since working with Leesa I feel like I have more energy and don’t get that midday slump like I used to. Leesa was very knowledgeable and non-judgmental. She really seemed to care about what was best for me. The bottom line is that she just wanted me to obtain optimal health.”
~ Karen V
Want high-quality, well-researched, more frequent health content to increase your visibility, credibility, and revenue?
You are in the right place!
I’m Leesa Klich, MSc., R.H.N., a Health Writer – Blogging Expert – Research Nerd on a mission to help wellness practitioners get the right information to pass on to their clients and audience to build their businesses and improve public health on an epic scale. When it comes to health, my passion is focusing on what’s right, not who’s right. I help wellness practitioners build credibility by understanding and creating quality content based on the best scientific research. I also compile health research, create customized and “done for you” blog posts, and help strategize and plan blog content. To work with me, click here.
How can you make your blog support your business goals? Strategize! Click here to download a copy of Leesa’s personal Content Strategy Editorial Calendar (no opt-in required)
Instantly Download 60+ Health & Wellness Blog Topics
Get in touch about working with Leesa
Ready to hire me to save you hours every week with credible and reliable health content?
Help me understand what you need by completing this form
I'll get back to you within two business days to see how I can help you.