Repurposing content for your health blog
Let’s face it: When you invest in something really worthwhile–it should last.
Whether that investment is for good shoes, cookware, or the time & money it takes to create a good piece of content for your wellness business. When you purchase or create well-researched quality articles, blog posts, social media posts, etc., they should pay off and last a long time.
You make that happen by repurposing content.
Benefits of repurposing content
When you reuse or recycle content you already have, you become even more “on brand” because you have more messaging that’s consistent with what you’ve already put out there.
You also save yourself tons of time from having to start every single new piece of content from scratch.
Plus, your audience gets better, more up-to-date quality information from you.
Repurposing content is a win-win-win strategy!
Repurposing content strategy #1: Reusing
Reusing one piece of epic content in many ways is key! For example, you can take one awesome article and:
- Turn it into a video, podcast episode, infographic, etc.
- Create a download to offer to your readers in exchange for their email address (list-building). Perhaps create a corresponding checklist, worksheet, quiz or a short challenge.
- Break it up into several different articles and create a blog series or new, shorter blog posts that link back to that first epic piece.
- Use the epic article as a template for a presentation, webinar, or masterclass to promote one of your programs/services.
- Pitch interviews on that topic so you can share the great content with someone else’s (similar) audience.
- Rewrite it with a new angle and submit it as a guest post to another website.
And what about social media? From one epic article, you can create dozens of social media posts! How about:
- Sharing each blog post you publish with your social media followers many times over the course of an entire year.
- Using a digital strategy to get your article in front of as many people as possible.
- Pull out excerpts or make quote images or memes from the info in the article.
Repurposing content strategy #2: Recycling
Once your content is a year old, I recommend quickly revisiting it to see if it should be recycled or updated.
- Does the article still represent your current branding/position?
- Is the health info still up-to-date?
- Can you make it better by adding a recent example or case study?
It’s simple (and time-saving) to schedule it into your editorial calendar for an update. Then, when it’s time to republish it, make sure to change the date and reshare it as though it were brand new! (You can even make a simple notation at the top that it’s been updated.)
Reusing and recycling your content makes so much sense! Ensure consistent messaging, save a ton of time, and ensure your audience gets high-quality content. It’s a win-win-win!
Signing off and toasting: To wisely reusing and recycling your health blog content.
Over to you
How many pieces of content have you been able to get out of one amazing article? Will you be repurposing your content more often now?
I’d love to know (in the comments below)!
Ultimate Health Blogging Checklist
Use your health blog to grow your audience, subscribers, and sales.
60+ Health & Wellness Blog Ideas
Download this when you need a blog post fast!
Save time and build your authority with consistent trustworthy health content!
Let me do the research and writing for you so you can spend your time working with your clients.
Featured products for your credible health blog:
3,746 words – 19 scientific referencesClick here for preview
2,507 words – 12 scientific referencesClick here for preview
2,217 words – 12 scientific referencesClick here for preview
These articles are trust-building because they're expertly researched (I read the studies!), written and edited. Just download, customize, and publish as your own.
NOTE: I cap the sale of each one to a maximum of 73, so every single practitioner with a blog will NOT have these articles!
Want a different topic?
I'm Leesa Klich, MSc., R.H.N.
Health writer – Blogging expert – Research nerd.
I help health and wellness professionals build their authority with scientific health content. They want to stand out in the crowded, often unqualified, market of entrepreneurs. I help them establish trust with their audiences, add credibility to their services, and save them a ton of time so they don’t have to do the research or writing themselves. To work with me, click here.